MyDoorman: Real-Time Patron Management System
Position: CEO & CoFounder.
MyDoorman is a patron management system that captured consumer data at the "point of entry" and built business analytics off that data. MyDoorman was designed for the hospitality industry but had applications for retail analytics as well. When Square started reading credit cards on mobile devices, I started building "Google Analytics for physical locations that ran off government issued AAMVA formatted data, drivers licenses." So drivers licenses. I saw a drivers license as a analog form of a social profile. I met Google at SXSW in Austin, TX and soon after they had advisors join my board of advisers to assist me in our growth. KTLA News Los Angeles aired a LIVE 3 minute story on our system at a few of our clients hospitality establishments in DTLA. I ran out of investment capital during the 2008-2009 recession and had to sandbox the project. In one night, from 41 locations we would have approximately 60,000 - 100,000 new location based data entries (drivers licenses) into our database. We went above and beyond with PCI compliance and data privacy by partnering with MagTech. The leader in magnetic strip security and processing at the time. We then negotiated the first rights to the Infinite Peripherals, Linea Pro reader that could read every data type/code/bar around the world. I then built a third party application called itsGoinOn that ran off that user data and provided real time analytics to patrons. The ability to know before you go to a place. Is it busy? Is it loud? What's the demographics?
- Conceptualized new innovative mobile and internet application technology for entertainment.
- Spent 3 months researching market and opportunities.
- Founded initial team of CoFounders.
- Designed logo, branding, website, UI/UX, mobile applications and all additional creative.
- Filed and structured corporation and trademarks.
- Grew initial team from 3 to 6.
- Raised seed investment with CoFounders.
- Grew team from 6 people to 17 and signed partnership agreements with Magtek ( http://www.magtek.com/V2/products/secure-card-reader-authenticators/iDynamo.asp ) and Infinite Peripherals ( http://ipclineapro.com/ ...the readers in Apple's retail locations ).
- Took our MyDoorman (real time patron management system) iOS application to market and closed 41 new accounts in Los Angeles & Orange County the first 4 months after releasing to iTunes market place.
- KTLA News aired a 3 minute video piece on our application at a few accounts in Downtown Los Angeles. The reporter challenged us on privacy (which came up often)... our establishments and the consumers that entered the establishments supported our application.
- Released V2 Products.
- Signed partnership agreements with TriArc Events and iLeftWord Entertainment.
- Worked with WME (William Morris Endeavor) to package up our company into a reality TV show based on young internet entrepreneurs setting out to disrupt the hospitality/entertainment industry with new technology. I was against it at first but I entertained it with my partners and looked at it from a brand marketing perspective to gain faster user adoption and downloads.