Over 12 years of diverse experience in creative & technology.
For the most up to date resume please visit my profile on LinkedIn. Download resume in PDF.
Startup: Founder & President.
May 2015 – November 2016 (1 year 7 months) | Santa Monica, CA.
RideNAB is the first distributive bike share company in the United States and our mission is to re-define mobility and the way we move you. Unfortunately the partners and I had too much difficulty raising capital at the time to continue this incredible project that improves the quality of life for so many.
- "Uber for Bicycles".
- Public bike share systems with no lockup stations.
- Pick-up and lock-up anywhere.
- "IOT" internet of things enabled.
- 3G GSM, GPS, Solar, Bluetooth 4.0, Accelerometer.
- First-mile last-mile transportation solution.
- Triple bottom line business model.
- Clean air and energy technology.
- Zero carbon emissions.
- Approximately 80% lower cap x to implement than "station model bike share".
Small Business: CoFounder.
Cream Cycles, LLC.
May 2015 – January 2016 (9 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
Mobile beach bicycle rental company servicing Santa Monica, Venice and Marina Del Rey. We offer the nicest rentals in town to better service the growing tourist and visitor population.
- Seasonal small tourist business.
- Raised startup capital in 30 days.
- Purchased medium fleet of bicycles.
- Created brand, website and marketing materials.
- Launched business in 45 days.
- Saw 68% growth after 1st month.
- Selected out of 60 startups to pitch at Reach Next 2015.
- Quickly became known as the premium bicycle rental in Santa Monica.
- Developed joint venture partnerships with vendors.
Contract: Senior UI/UX Designer, iOS & Android.
April 2015 – May 2015 (2 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
Not at liberty to discuss projects. Thank you for your understanding.
Startup: Creative Director of Technology.
November 2013 – November 2014 (1 year 1 month) | Los Angeles, CA.
This one holds dear to my heart. For a little over a year I had the pleasure of working alongside a very passionate, innovative and experienced team of entrepreneurs. Working alongside the founders and executives, I had the exciting task and responsibility to: take their visions, design the products, assist with growing the business and brand, managing the initial development teams, consulting on strategy, assisting with hiring, user testing and quality assurance to name a few. As with every project you take away something special.. I'll never forget how proud I felt to watch my executive team present our products to the President of the United States live on whitehouse.org/live.
- First employee of *newzcard.
- President Obama aired LIVE on Whitehouse.org/live in 2014.
- Worked directly with CEO, CTO and President to concept and design initial products.
- Re-designed branding and logo.
- Designed all company business cards.
- Designed investor presentation materials.
- Designed marketing materials.
- Designed office space to match company look and feel.
- Designed iOS wireframes and flowcharts for UI/UX.
- Designed iOS apps.
- Co-hired first iOS developer to build MVP and V1 apps.
- Designed multiple iterations of iOS app.
- Tested and QA'd all iOS releases and reported back comprehensive detailed lists to development team.
- Designed web and mobile-web products to be responsive on Bootstrap.
- Worked with remote and overseas development companies in the US and Tel Aviv to get MVPs working.
- Co-hired newzcard's first two in house developers (Systems Architect and Full Stack) along with CEO and CTO.
- Assisted in relocating both developers to Los Angeles to work internally.
- Worked directly with our dev team to get first products to market.
- Interviewed multiple front-end developers to add to our internal product team.
- Co-hired first front-end developer to work internally.
- Assisted marketing with social media initiatives where needed.
- Networked and represented *newzcard at tech events.
Contract: Senior Web Designer.
July 2013 – November 2013 (5 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
I was brought in to assist and re-design a few of their internal B2B software tools. While there I also assisted the art director with marketing initiatives and online display campaigns.
- Re-designed software interfaces for 1-800-Dentist B2B and B2C products.
- Designed online marketing campaigns.
- Designed email marketing creative.
- Consulted internal creative and technology teams on product.
Contract: Digital Art Director, UI/UX, Visual Designer.
24 Seven Inc.
June 2008 – November 2013 (5 years 6 months) | Los Angeles & Orange County.
With 13 offices worldwide, 24 Seven is a strategic resource for talent management. 24 Seven helps creatively driven global brands identify, recruit and secure game changing talent. Their innovative approach combines global reach, industry expertise and market intelligence to deliver top performers that advance their clients unique business goals. They're a great talent source for the world's top teams in Fashion, Retail, Advertising, Marketing, Design, Interactive/Digital, E-commerce, Beauty and Sports/Lifestyle brands.
Agency: Creative Director of Design.
January 2013 – August 2013 (8 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
DisrupDiv is a digital creative boutique in Los Angeles that specializes in designing and developing web and mobile applications.
Agency: Senior Art Director.
January 2013 – August 2013 (8 months) | Santa Monica, CA.
"Helping Brands Build Fans": Departure3 is a digital boutique located in Santa Monica that focuses on designing and delivering smart innovative digital solutions for brands and entertainment.
- Designed 60" touch table presentation for Diageo (A leader in the Alcohol Industry).
- Designed responsive website pitch for Pepsi's new touch screen freezer doors and interactive displays.
- Designed branding, website and social media for The Lewis Brothers comedy.
- Designed Departure3 brand and marketing materials.
Agency: Art Director.
The Ant Farm.
December 2012 – August 2013 (9 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
When I'm at The Ant Farm my roles and responsibilities include designing rich new media experiences for their clients and projects. I work closely with their digital department to collaborate and execute on innovative new ideas.
- Designed online digital display ad campaign, static and flash banners for Disney's OZ "The Great and Powerful" featured film.
- Designed official website and social media/affiliate digital marketing campaign for 21&Over featured film.
- Designed online digital display ad campaign, static and flash banners for FX studios new FXX network's digital launch campaign.
Agency: Senior Art Director.
Open Bar Interactive.
October 2012 – November 2012 (2 months) | Los Angeles, CA
Open Bar is a digital design firm based in Los Angeles and the interactive division of Hamagami/Carroll, Inc. Yes, that Hamagami/Carroll. The one with 25 years of experience building brands through strategic design and visual storytelling. Open Bar is the natural extension of everything HCI stands for, but the creative passion is expressed through digital media rather than print and other traditional media.
- Took meetings with new clients to discuss their vision, ideas, goals and challenges.
- Pitched new clients creative concepts based on SOW.
- Worked with other internal agencies on full creative packages for new client pitches.
- Assisted and directed senior designers on projects.
- Designed social media campaign and display ads for Lexus.
- Conceptualized online social media application for 007 SKYFALL.
Contract: Mobile Application UI/UX, Concept & Visual Designer.
September 2012 – September 2012 (1 month) | Los Angeles, CA.
I worked with a team of 7 creative individuals to concept and design a mobile application for internal sales associates and consumers to learn more about the amazing products GoPro creates and sales.
- Feature concepts.
- Senior UI/UX design.
- Senior Visual design.
Contract: Web Application UI/UX, Concept & Visual Designer.
August 2012 – August 2012 (1 month) | Los Angeles, CA.
I'm not at liberty to release details on the project. Thank you for your understanding!
- Concept design.
- UI/UX design.
- Visual design.
HQ: Senior Web Designer.
Lucky Brand Inc.
July 2011 – July 2012 (1 year 1 month) | Los Angeles, CA.
- Re-designed LuckyBrand.com on a 960 Grid to be responsive and compatible across all mobile and tablet devices.
- Designed 84 seasonal product marketing emails in 5 months to support online marketing and drive sales back to LuckyBrand.com.
- Designed 63 homepage creatives over 12 months to support online merchandising and marketing.
- Designed Lucky Brand’s custom blog “A Lucky Life”.
- Designed all digital look books to showcase product styles.
- Designed all digital denim guides to help inform our customers about our different denim fits.
- Designed the majority of all "special projects" for multiple departments.
- Interviewed and hired additional designers and 1 developer to support online brand initiatives.
- Designed web banner marketing campaigns.
Startup: CEO & CoFounder.
January 2009 – May 2012 (3 years 5 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
- Conceptualized new innovative mobile and internet application technology for entertainment.
- Spent 3 months researching market and opportunities.
- Founded initial team of cofounders.
- Designed logo, branding, website, UI/UX, mobile applications and all additional creative.
- Filed and structured corporation and trademarks.
- Grew initial team from 3 to 6.
- Raised seed investment with cofounders.
- Grew team from 6 people to 17 and signed partnership agreements with Magtek ( http://www.magtek.com/V2/products/secure-card-reader-authenticators/iDynamo.asp ) and Infinite Peripherals ( http://ipclineapro.com/ ...the readers in Apple's retail locations ).
- Took our MyDoorman (real time patron management system) iOS application to market and closed 41 new accounts in Los Angeles & Orange County the first 4 months after releasing to iTunes market place.
- KTLA News aired a 3 minute video piece on our application at a few accounts in Downtown Los Angeles. The reporter challenged us on privacy (which came up often)... our establishments and the consumers that entered the establishments supported our application.
- Released V2 products.
- Signed partnership agreements with TriArc Events and iLeftWord Entertainment.
- Worked with WME (William Morris Endeavor) to package up our company into a reality TV show based on young internet entrepreneurs setting out to disrupt the hospitality/entertainment industry with new technology. I was against it at first but I entertained it with my partners and looked at it from a brand marketing perspective to gain faster user adoption and downloads.
Mentor: Client Case Study.
January 2012 – March 2012 (3 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
ItsGoinOn was selected to work with Pepperdine University's Senior Advertising 475 Class.
- Students developed 3 separate ad campaigns with 3 separate student teams. Client/ad agency type model.
- Mentored, collaborated and advised students with direction and ideas to help inspire new perspectives on their own concepts/ideas.
- Social, gorilla, print, web, allocated budget.
- Reviewed student work from concept, creative, design, market strategy, message and cost of ad strategy/time/conversion.
Contract: Web/Mobile Ecommerce Consultant & Designer.
November 2010 – January 2011 (3 months) | Orange County, CA.
- Developed new B2C mobile application strategies to drive new sales to shop.pacsun.com.
- Focused attention around geo-targeting, geo-fencing and push notifications to market information intelligently to customers without having to use third party advertising networks.
- Developed new ideas on integrating digital experiences into PacSun retail stores through mobile devices using NFC and RFID technology as well as geo-targeting.
- Strategically consulted CMO to focus and allocate $500K holiday online ad buy campaign budget to Facebook that converted to $1.5M in 7 days.
- Introduced Facebook mobile texting platform to internal marketing team that gave PacSun another free advertising channel to reach brand enthusiasts at the time.
- Trained ecommerce design department how to design to web and mobile standards.
- Designed additional online creative to support initiatives.
Contract: Web/Ecommerce Consultant & Designer.
Fox Head, Inc.
October 2010 – November 2010 (2 months) | Irvine, CA.
- I was brought in to help launch their new website and ecommerce platform.
- Consulted on user engagement and acquisition models, UI/UX design, and new mobile application concepts for engaging their audience.
- Reworked product description pages (PDP) on ecommerce website.
- Ran QA on new code features and reported back to development team with detailed instructions on how I was able to break code.
- Designed category landing page headers for new website launch.
HQ: Senior Web Designer and Interactive Media Designer.
July 2008 – September 2010 (2 years 3 months) | Orange County, CA.
- Designed 2010 Nike/Hurley/Cons US Open of Surfing website and iPhone/iPad applications.
- Designed 2009 and 2010 Hurley Pro website and iPhone/iPad applications.
- Co-produced live web show, Sliders TV.
- Co-conceptualized Hurley “Microphone For Youth” on-line t-shirt design contest.
- Designed pro surfer Rob Machado’s 1st foundation website.
- Conceptualized, designed, animated and developed Hurley Music website. (Flash)
- Conceptualized, designed, animated and developed Hurley True Performance website. (Flash)
- Conceptualized, co-designed, animated and developed artist Alex Pardee’s “Night of the Treeple” collaboration website. (Flash)
- Designed, animated and developed Hurley Jeans website. (Flash)
- Followed and interviewed pro rider Ivan Tedesco on the west coast 2010 AMA Supercross circuit.
- Co-developed Hurley social media initiatives.
- Shot photography for brand events.
- Designed majority web banner marketing campaigns. (Flash)
- Worked hand in hand with marketing to carry out online initiatives.
HQ: Production Artist / Manager.
April 2008 – July 2008 (4 months) | Orange County, CA.
- Produced color separations for art files in illustrator and photoshop.
- Set up pantone colors for printing.
- Resized artwork and films for production.
- Printed films for screens.
- Designed artwork for multiple companies.
- Assisted art director where I designed all overflow work to meet deadlines.
- Set up tech sheets for garments to go to print.
- Mocked up designs on silhouettes.
- Reviewed sample prints to ensure sizing, placement and colors were correct.
- Provided customer service.
EMAIL & HOSTING SETUP.
POINT OF SALE SETUP.
RESPONSIVE WEB DESIGN.
SENIOR ART DIRECTION.
SENIOR ANDROID DESIGN.
SENIOR IOS DESIGN.
SENIOR UI DESIGN.
SENIOR UX DESIGN.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING.
The Art Institute of California - Orange County.
Web / Mobile / Application Design and Development.
2004 - 2007. Program: Bachelor's of Computer Science. Focused on Interactive and Mobile Application Design and Development for new technologies. Relevant knowledge and experience in multiple programming languages across different platforms. Main focus was designing new forward thinking ideas, multiple platform innovation, new product development and over all industry trends. Additional focuses in online and mobile user psychology with strong interest in online consumer trends and behaviors.