12 years of diverse experience in UI/UX design, creative, online business & technology.
PTG WEB, LLC.
Agency: Owner & Operator.
November 2016 - Present (4 years) | Denver, CO. & Austin, TX.
12 years of professional web and mobile application design/development. We've serviced over 100+ companies from global brands, ad agencies, emerging technologies, startups and small businesses. Published, award winning, and professional.
- Ecommerce deployment.
- Web design.
- Web development.
- Business development.
- Application design.
- Brand design.
- Brand development.
Startup: Founder & President.
May 2015 – November 2016 (1 year 7 months) | Santa Monica, CA.
RideNAB is the first distributive bike share company in the United States and our mission is to re-define mobility and the way we move you. Unfortunately the partners and I had too much difficulty raising capital at the time to continue this incredible project that improves the quality of life for so many.
- "Uber for Bicycles".
- Public bike share systems with no lockup stations.
- Pick-up and lock-up anywhere.
- "IOT" internet of things enabled.
- 3G GSM, GPS, Solar, Bluetooth 4.0, Accelerometer.
- First-mile last-mile transportation solution.
- Triple bottom line business model.
- Clean air and energy technology.
- Zero carbon emissions.
- Approximately 80% lower cap x to implement than "station model bike share".
Cream Cycles, LLC.
Small Business: Principle, Operator & Senior Visual Designer.
May 2015 – January 2016 (9 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
Mobile beach bicycle rental company servicing Santa Monica, Venice and Marina Del Rey. We offer the nicest rentals in town to better service the growing tourist and visitor population.
- Seasonal small tourist business.
- Raised startup capital in 30 days.
- Purchased medium fleet of bicycles.
- Created brand, website and marketing materials.
- Launched business in 45 days.
- Saw 68% growth after 1st month.
- Selected out of 60 startups to pitch at Reach Next 2015.
- Quickly became known as the premium bicycle rental in Santa Monica.
- Developed joint venture partnerships with vendors.
Contract: Senior UI/UX Designer, iOS & Android.
April 2015 – May 2015 (2 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
CBS "Central Broadcasting Station" hired me to assist their internal team on designing a podcast app for Stephen Colbert in 2015. I'm a huge fan so for me it was a lot of fun. Minus the deadline pressures. Afterwards I was asked if I would accept full time employment with CBS as "Director of emerging platforms & technologies". I had to decline for the simple reason I just assisted on raising capital for a startup and had already committed myself prior to being contracted by CBS. While at CBS, I was asked to convert the official CBS iOS application UI/UX into an Android version, for the upcoming Android release. I do not have those files. Client asked me to sign NDA. Not at liberty to discuss this project in detail. Thank you for your understanding.
- Feature concepts.
- Senior UI/UX design.
- Senior visual design.
Startup: Creative Director of Technology.
November 2013 – November 2014 (1 year 1 month) | Los Angeles, CA.
This one holds dear to my heart. For a little over a year I had the pleasure of working alongside a very passionate, innovative and experienced team of entrepreneurs. Working alongside the founders and executives, I had the exciting task and responsibility to: take their visions, design the products, assist with growing the business and brand, managing the initial development teams, consulting on strategy, assisting with hiring, user testing and quality assurance to name a few. As with every project you take away something special. I'll never forget how proud I felt to watch my executive team present our products to the President of the United States live on whitehouse.org/live.
- First employee of *newzcard.
- President Obama aired LIVE on Whitehouse.org/live in 2014.
- Worked directly with CEO, CTO and President to concept and design initial products.
- Re-designed branding and logo.
- Designed all company business cards.
- Designed investor presentation materials.
- Designed marketing materials.
- Designed office space to match company look and feel.
- Designed iOS wireframes and flowcharts for UI/UX.
- Designed iOS apps.
- Co-hired first iOS developer to build MVP and V1 apps.
- Designed multiple iterations of iOS app.
- Tested and QA'd all iOS releases and reported back comprehensive detailed lists to development team.
- Designed web and mobile-web products to be responsive on Bootstrap.
- Worked with remote and overseas development companies in the US and Tel Aviv to get MVPs working.
- Co-hired *newzcard's first two in house developers (Systems Architect and Full Stack) along with CEO and CTO.
- Assisted in relocating both developers to Los Angeles to work internally.
- Worked directly with our dev team to get first products to market.
- Interviewed multiple front-end developers to add to our internal product team.
- Co-hired first front-end developer to work internally.
- Assisted marketing with social media initiatives where needed.
- Networked and represented *newzcard at tech events.
Contract: Senior Web Designer.
July 2013 – November 2013 (5 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
I was brought in to assist and re-design a few of their internal B2B software tools. While there I also assisted the art director with marketing initiatives and online display campaigns.
- Re-designed software interfaces for 1-800-Dentist B2B and B2C products.
- Designed online marketing campaigns.
- Designed email marketing creative.
- Consulted internal creative and technology teams on product.
DisrupDIV | by Design |.
Agency: Creative Director of Design.
January 2013 – August 2013 (8 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
DisrupDiv is a digital creative boutique in Los Angeles, CA that specializes in designing and developing web and mobile applications for their clients. I helped found this agency with several other colleagues in order to not lose out on bid opportunities for higher level projects.
- Creative director of design.
- Senior UI/UX design.
- Senior visual design.
Agency: Senior Art Director.
January 2013 – August 2013 (8 months) | Santa Monica, CA.
"Helping Brands Build Fans": Departure3 is a digital boutique located in Santa Monica that focuses on designing and delivering smart innovative digital solutions for brands and entertainment.
- Designed 60" touch table presentation for Diageo (A leader in the Alcohol Industry).
- Designed responsive website pitch for Pepsi's new touch screen freezer doors and interactive displays.
- Designed branding, website and social media for The Lewis Brothers comedy.
- Designed Departure3 brand and marketing materials.
The Ant Farm.
Agency: Art Director.
December 2012 – August 2013 (9 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
When I'm at The Ant Farm my roles and responsibilities include designing rich new media experiences for their clients and projects. I work closely with their digital department to collaborate and execute on innovative new ideas.
- Designed online digital display ad campaign, static and flash banners for Disney's OZ "The Great and Powerful" featured film.
- Designed official website and social media/affiliate digital marketing campaign for 21&Over featured film.
- Designed online digital display ad campaign, static and flash banners for FX studios new FXX network's digital launch campaign.
Open Bar Interactive.
Contract: Senior Art Director.
November 2012 – December 2012 (2 months) | Los Angeles, CA
Open Bar is a digital design firm based in Los Angeles and the interactive division of Hamagami/Carroll, Inc. With 25 years of experience building brands through strategic design and visual storytelling. Open Bar is the natural extension of everything HCI stands for, but the creative passion is expressed through digital media rather than print and other traditional media.
- Took meetings with new clients to discuss their vision, ideas, goals and challenges.
- Pitched new clients creative concepts based on SOW.
- Worked with other internal agencies on full creative packages for new client pitches.
- Assisted and directed senior designers on projects.
- Designed social media campaign and display ads for Lexus.
- Conceptualized online social media application for 007 SKYFALL.
Contract: Mobile Application UI/UX, Concept & Visual Designer.
September 2012 – October 2012 (2 month) | Los Angeles, CA.
I worked with a team of 7 creative individuals to concept and design a mobile application for internal sales associates and consumers to learn more about the amazing products GoPro creates and sales. Once hired, I proposed we integrate the consumer side application into this version as well and make permission based logins. Instead of having 2 apps. One for B2B and one for C2C didn't make sense since it was a lot of the same information and content. That direction was accepted by GoPro's executives and the application was cleared for development.
- Feature concepts.
- Senior UI/UX design.
- Senior visual design.
- Connected iPhone to camera.
- Consolidated B2B and C2C apps into one.
Contract: Web Application UI/UX, Concept & Visual Designer.
August 2012 – August 2012 (1 month) | Los Angeles, CA.
Collagio was a web application curation tool for Discovery Channels audience that allowed users to gather online based content, create stories or collections and share them with their friends. Client asked me to sign NDA. Not at liberty to discuss this project in detail. Thank you for your understanding.
- Web application technology.
- Senior concept design.
- Senior UI/UX design.
- Senior visual design.
Lucky Brand, Inc.
HQ: Senior Web Designer.
July 2011 – July 2012 (1 year 1 month) | Los Angeles, CA.
After running ItsGoinOn for several years and the 2008-2009 technology crash, I accepted full time employment with Lucky Brand Jeans (Liz Claiborne INC). My experience in house with action sports apparel companies aloud me to easily transition into more traditional fashion. I accepted the Senior Web Designer position and spent over a year improving LuckyBrand.com, along side with the marketing and technology teams. Together we increased conversion, improved daily traffic, increased email ROI and solidified LuckyBrand.com as an integral revenue model to the companies growth. I aided in the online IPO that allowed all consumers/investors to now invest in Fifth & Pacific INC... the new public company of Liz Claiborne INC. The CEO of Fifth & Pacific wanted to use a third party Facebook app for the Initial Public Offering. The night before the IPO, none of Fifth & Pacific's affiliate companies had the software working. A coworker and I took action ourselves. We went home, stayed up all night, got it working hours before, and took it upon ourselves to contact the affiliate companies and aid in integrating it before the CEO went LIVE on TV with the IPO, the very next morning EST. We were located in PST. The best thing was our team and the people that I had the pleasure of working alongside with at Lucky Brand! We solved problems and increased business. Looking back, the amount of work we achieved was impressive even today. We did it with respect for each other, as a team.
- Re-designed LuckyBrand.com on a 960 Grid to be responsive and compatible across all mobile and tablet devices.
- Designed 84 seasonal product marketing emails in 5 months to support online marketing and drive sales back to LuckyBrand.com.
- Designed 63 homepage creatives over 12 months to support online merchandising and marketing.
- Designed Lucky Brand’s custom blog “A Lucky Life”.
- Designed all digital look books to showcase product styles.
- Designed all digital denim guides to help inform our customers about our different denim fits.
- Designed the majority of all "special projects" for multiple departments.
- Interviewed and hired additional designers and 1 developer to support online brand initiatives.
- Designed web banner marketing campaigns.
Mentor: Client Case Study.
January 2012 – March 2012 (3 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
ItsGoinOn was selected to work with Pepperdine University's Senior Advertising 475 Class.
- Students developed 3 separate ad campaigns with 3 separate student teams. Client/ad agency type model.
- Mentored, collaborated and advised students with direction and ideas to help inspire new perspectives on their own concepts/ideas.
- Social, gorilla, print, web, allocated budget.
- Reviewed student work from concept, creative, design, market strategy, message and cost of ad strategy/time/conversion.
Startup: Principle, Senior UI/UX & Visual Designer.
January 2009 – May 2012 (3 years 5 months) | Los Angeles, CA.
There's so much to say about this project/company, I could speak for weeks. This was one of my first innovative technologies that defined my path as an innovator/disrupter. I founded and created itsGoinOn when I was 23, with two other cofounders. I was working in house at Hurley (Nike corp.) for nearly 2 years as the senior web designer and Flash Developer. One night a coworker and I were going out to a favorite local bar. It was always a good time on Wednesdays. Week over week. One night we show up at 9:30pm to realize there's about 6 people total. Usually there's about 200+! We decided to wait and have a drink since we were already there. We figured we must have arrived early. One beer turned into three by the time my coworker said, "I wish we could've known what this was like before we left! This is terrible. Lets go." In that moment I started putting the integral puzzle pieces together in my head. I said, "Wait a minute, hold on". I realized in a few minutes how to achieve it. It had to be accurate otherwise I wouldn't personally use it. "What does everyone carry on them? All the time?" I asked myself. Keys, wallet, cell phone, drivers license... DRIVERS LICENSE! So I set out to create MyDoorman, Real Time Patron Management System. We would end up building "google analytics for physical locations" before we were done. This is how I was going to make it work! We raised investment capital from Tech Coast Angels and I left Hurley to run our company as the CEO and designer. We achieved things many said we couldn't. We were young, but we had great mentors and advisors helping us stay focused. Unfortunately, we ran out of our next round of funding during the 2008-2009 recession. Investors were unsure of the financial economy so many tech startups, including ours, got sandboxed. I find my investors still reaching out nearly 10 years later still longing to one day release our technology to the public. Google said it was one of the most innovative things they'd seen in the past 5 years. That was in 2008. Fast forward to 2020 and the technology still proves strong today. When MyDoorman and itsGoinOn were live, we could accurately see the real time demographics of an establishment that was using MyDoorman.
- Conceptualized new innovative mobile and internet application technology for entertainment.
- Spent 3 months researching market and opportunities.
- Founded initial team of cofounders.
- Designed logo, branding, website, UI/UX, mobile applications and all additional creative.
- Filed and structured corporation and trademarks.
- Grew initial team from 3 to 6.
- Raised seed investment with cofounders.
- Grew team from 6 people to 17 and signed partnership agreements with Magtek ( http://www.magtek.com/V2/products/secure-card-reader-authenticators/iDynamo.asp ) and Infinite Peripherals ( http://ipclineapro.com/ ...the readers in Apple's retail locations ).
- Took our MyDoorman (real time patron management system) iOS application to market and closed 41 new accounts in Los Angeles & Orange County the first 4 months after releasing to iTunes market place.
- KTLA News aired a 3 minute video piece on our application at a few accounts in Downtown Los Angeles. The reporter challenged us on privacy (which came up often)... our establishments and the consumers that entered the establishments supported our application.
- Released V2 products.
- Signed partnership agreements with TriArc Events and iLeftWord Entertainment.
- Worked with WME (William Morris Endeavor) to package up our company into a reality TV show based on young internet entrepreneurs setting out to disrupt the hospitality/entertainment industry with new technology. I was against it at first but I entertained it with my partners and looked at it from a brand marketing perspective to gain faster user adoption and downloads.
Contract: Web/Ecommerce Consultant & Designer.
November 2010 – January 2011 (3 months) | Orange County, CA.
PacSun is a nationwide apparel retailer. PacSun hired me through 24 Seven to assist them during the holiday season. I came in as a consultant with my ecommerce knowledge from Nike/Hurley/Converse. After reviewing the internal creative, I was asked if I would help design and implement the ad campaigns with their internal teams.
- Developed new B2C mobile application strategies to drive new sales to shop.pacsun.com.
- Focused attention around geo-targeting, geo-fencing and push notifications to market information intelligently to customers without having to use third party advertising networks.
- Developed new ideas on integrating digital experiences into PacSun retail stores through mobile devices using NFC and RFID technology as well as geo-targeting.
- Strategically consulted CMO to focus and allocate $500K holiday online ad buy campaign budget to Facebook that converted to $1.5M in 7 days.
- Introduced Facebook mobile texting platform to internal marketing team that gave PacSun another free advertising channel to reach brand enthusiasts at the time.
- Trained ecommerce design department how to design to web and mobile standards.
- Designed additional online creative to support initiatives.
Fox Head, Inc.
Contract: Web/Ecommerce Consultant & Designer.
October 2010 – November 2010 (2 months) | Irvine, CA.
After leaving Nike/Hurley/Cons I started working for 24 Seven again. Through their contracts I was hired to work in-house at Fox Racing headquarters in Irvine, CA. While at Fox, I worked on their new website/ecommerce platform that was rolling out. I consulted them on UI/UX and redesigned their PDP (product description pages) to be a bit more engaging. Otherwise the site was beautiful. I had learned some conversion strategies and felt Fox Racing could benefit from my experience. This was early day ecommerce and I had just left Nike/Hurley/Cons as Hurley's Senior Web Designer and Flash Developer. I do not have those PDP design files unfortunately. I'm under NDA's on this project. I did get the chance to do some photoshop headers for their category pages they didn't mind I use for my portfolio. While their I assisted in QA testing the new site for launch.
- I was brought in to help launch their new website and ecommerce platform.
- Consulted on user engagement and acquisition models, UI/UX design, and new mobile application concepts for engaging their audience.
- Reworked product description pages (PDP) on ecommerce website.
- Ran QA on new code features and reported back to development team with detailed instructions on how I was able to break code.
- Designed category landing page headers for new website launch.
HQ: Senior Web Designer & Interactive Media Designer.
July 2008 – September 2010 (2 years 3 months) | Orange County, CA.
I was the internal Senior Web Designer at Hurley Int. for over two years. Hurley is a subsidiary of Nike Corporation and was a strategic brand that assisted in the development of Nike 6.0. While there, I lead the design of all major web and digital initiatives as well as supported all internal departments and their needs.
- Designed 2010 Nike/Hurley/Cons US Open of Surfing website and iPhone/iPad applications.
- Designed 2009 and 2010 Hurley Pro website and iPhone/iPad applications.
- Co-produced live web show, Sliders TV.
- Co-conceptualized Hurley “Microphone For Youth” on-line t-shirt design contest.
- Designed pro surfer Rob Machado’s 1st foundation website.
- Conceptualized, designed, animated and developed Hurley Music website. (Flash)
- Conceptualized, designed, animated and developed Hurley True Performance website. (Flash)
- Conceptualized, co-designed, animated and developed artist Alex Pardee’s “Night of the Treeple” collaboration website. (Flash)
- Designed, animated and developed Hurley Jeans website. (Flash)
- Followed and interviewed pro rider Ivan Tedesco on the west coast 2010 AMA Supercross circuit.
- Co-developed Hurley social media initiatives.
- Shot photography for brand events.
- Designed majority web banner marketing campaigns. (Flash)
- Worked hand in hand with marketing to carry out online initiatives.
24 Seven, Inc.
HQ: Digital Art Director, UI/UX & Visual Designer.
June 2008 – November 2013 (5 years 6 months) | Los Angeles & Orange County.
With 13 offices worldwide, 24 Seven is a strategic resource for talent management. 24 Seven helps creatively driven global brands identify, recruit and secure game changing talent. Their innovative approach combines global reach, industry expertise and market intelligence to deliver top performers that advance their clients unique business goals. They're a great talent source for the world's top teams in Fashion, Retail, Advertising, Marketing, Design, Interactive/Digital, E-commerce, Beauty and Sports/Lifestyle brands.
HQ: Production Artist/Manager.
April 2008 – July 2008 (4 months) | Orange County, CA.
Graphic Ink prints and produces men's and women's apparel for the action sports industries and MMA/UFC fighters/companies. I was hired at Graphic Ink when I was still attending college. My designs caught the eye of their Art Director and he asked if he could speak to me. He took me under his wing, gave me my first design job and really pushed my illustrator skills to the next level. Soon after, 24 Seven caught wind of my Flash skills and offered me a position I couldn't turn down.
- Produced color separations for art files in illustrator and photoshop.
- Set up pantone colors for printing.
- Resized artwork and films for production.
- Printed films for screens.
- Designed artwork for multiple companies.
- Assisted art director where I designed all overflow work to meet deadlines.
- Set up tech sheets for garments to go to print.
- Mocked up designs on silhouettes.
- Reviewed sample prints to ensure sizing, placement and colors were correct.
- Provided customer service.
The Art Institute of California - Orange County.
Web / Mobile / Application Design & Development.
2004 - 2007. Program: Bachelor's of Computer Science. Focused on Interactive and Mobile Application Design and Development for new technologies. Relevant knowledge and experience in multiple programming languages across different platforms. Main focus was designing new forward thinking ideas, multiple platform innovation, new product development. Additional focuses in online and mobile user psychology with strong interest in online consumer trends and behaviors.